Camp Ojibwa has a fully equipped and operational modern health center. The facility contains two exam rooms and adequate space for campers or staff that need to be isolated for health reasons.
The most outstanding feature of our medical staff is that Camp Ojibwa has a season long doctor living at camp, Dr. George Sachs (see bio in Future campers section, About Ojibwa, Directors). Having a full time Director of Medical Services is a great asset as Dr. Sachs assures that our campers and staff receive excellent continuity of care throughout the summer. In addition to Dr. Sachs, camp has weekly visiting doctors and 3 – 4 full summer nurse assistants.
- Camper evaluation including weight
- Head lice check
- Review medical history
- The infirmary is open after every meal and before bed time to disperse medications and have the medical staff treat non emergency patients.
- Parents are notified upon any illness requiring over night stay as well as other illnesses and injuries.
- Area specialists deal with specific analysis in areas of their expertise.
- Five miles to the local hospital.
- Members of the medical staff are on call 24/7.